Friday, February 8, 2013

Boy Meets Girl

"Where do you want to eat?" "I don't care..."

"Where do you want to eat?" "I picked last time..."

What do you want to eat?" "Where do YOU want to eat...?!"

"If you don't pick a restuarant, i'm going to just keep driving..."

Sound familiar? I'll admit that I got the idea from something I saw on Pintrest, but I changed it up a bit. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, but finally got the gumption to make it happen. Welcome to my newest crafty project to make life easier and more interesting!! I haven't actually named the project yet, i just keep calling it "the sticks". So, "the sticks" are going to be painted craft sticks with names of different restaurants on them. Whenever my boyfriend and I decide to go out to eat, we simply decide on our price point and then, wahlah , we'll draw out a colored stick and eat where it says. No more arguments or indecision when we've decided to go out for the night. :) I'm so excited to get this one done!

For supplies, you'll need:
3 different colors of craft paint
a paint brush
jumbo craft sticks
a sharpie marker
brush on (or spray on) varnish



I've decided to paint the sticks in red, pink, & white. Each of the three colors represents fast food, middle ground, and higher priced restaurants, respectively. Once the sticks were painted and dry, I took a sharpie and wrote on the name of a restaurant. Then, once the sharpie was completely dry I finished it with a brush on varnish to help them last.



Once I have them all done, I hope to display them in a cool jar or other fun glass vessel. (However, I have yet to stumble upon the perfect container.) I'll be sure to make another update when I'm all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment