Saturday, April 14, 2012

Deep Waters (take two)

Things on the boat are going quite "swimmingly" since I last posted. I've taken all of the wood off and have sanded and stained almost every piece. I'm learning to remember "righty tighty, lefty loosey" because I hate it when I accidentally tighten a piece instead of removing it. Argh!

This is only about half of the pieces removed from the boat.

There are still a few parts that I haven't gotten to yet, but that's the plan for today... Since some of the wood has been sanded, stained, and coated, it has been put back on the S.S. Amber. (FYI, I named her myself. ;) I'm not sure how my bf feels about the name, but I'm sure it will grow on him. Ha!)


Refinished pieces, back on the nose of the S.S. Amber

Along with refinishing the wooden parts of the boat, I've also been occupying my time by helping clean the seats and boat covers. FYI, for those of you that have never used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser...those things work freakin miracles! Who knew that the white vinyl seats could look brand new! They even take scuffs and smudges off the fiberglass boat! My bf didn't believe that there was anything special about the magic erasers, but now even he is a believer. :)

Up next is to finish staining and coating the remainder of the wooden trim and then cleaning the rest of the boat. Hopefully she'll be finished soon and we'll be able to take her on the maiden voyage. Stay posted for more updates very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment